The company Ford Aquitaine Industries has entrusted Eiffage Génie Civil with the deconstruction of the Ford factory in Blanquefort (33).
For this operation, the demolition teams are carrying out cleaning, asbestos removal, deconstruction of superstructures and infrastructures (paving and foundations), recycling of materials and treatment of waste from the entire site.
The recovery, recycling and reuse of materials are at the heart of the operation's challenges. In broad terms, we can summarize the operation as follows.
- 183,500 m² of facilities spread over 22 buildings and roads are deconstructed,
- 200 tons of asbestos waste
- 30,000 tons of polluted concrete treated off-site
- 15,000 tons of scrap metal recycled
- 100,000 tons of inert concrete reused locally
- 300 m3 of furniture dismantled for re-use by local associations and organizations
Eiffage Génie Civil's demolition teams mobilized Eiffage Energie Systèmes Clemessy Services teams to carry out the site connections and secure the gas networks prior to the asbestos removal operation.
Ultimately, this worksite will enable an ICPE industrial site to be dismantled. This operation is the first step in Ford's project to rehabilitate the site and remove it from the ICPE (Installation Classified for the Protection of the Environment) classification in compliance with regulations.