APRR and Eiffarie have refinanced with success their credit line signed in 2015 maturing in February 2022. The transaction, more than 50% oversubscribed by a syndicate of 18 banks, amounts to €3.07bn and comprises 2 credit facilities with the following terms:
- A new €2bn revolving credit facility destined for the general corporate purpose of APRR. It will substitute itself to the existing undrawn €1.8bn credit line. The facility will lengthen APRR financial means and secure its liquidity on enhanced terms whilst being more than 10 % bigger.
- A term loan for Eiffarie for an initial amount of €1.07bn. It will substitute itself to the existing credit line of the same amount. The credit line on enhanced terms will be progressively amortised with a growing repayment profile starting in 2023 and the remaining amount repaid at maturity.
- These two credit lines have a 5-year maturity with 2 possible 1-year extension.
In order to translate APRR and Eiffarie undertaking in social and environmental matters, and as Eiffage initiated it in May 2019, this facilities margin will partially depend from APRR performance in two extra financial domains to which it attached a strong importance, health & safety and carbon footprint. As such, an improvement on either one of these topics will lead to a reduction in the credit margin. A deterioration would lead to compensation measures in favour of associations or a foundation working in the general interest.
This innovative mechanism in line with the Group’s strategy on these 2 topics, makes Eiffage one of the first group of the industry incorporating this type of undertakings in its financial documentation, on such a scale of €5.1bn over 12 months.
The 18 financial institutions are:
- Mandated Lead Arrangers and Bookrunners: Banco Sabadell, BBVA, BNP Paribas, CaixaBank, CIC, Groupe Crédit Agricole, Intesa, Mediobanca, Mizuho, MUFG, Natixis – Groupe BPCE, Santander, Société Générale and UniCredit.
- Mandated Lead Arrangers: Commerzbank, HSBC, La Banque Postale and SMBC.