On Wednesday 19 June, the Métropole du Grand Paris announced the winners of the second call for projects for « Inventons la Métropole du Grand Paris ». Among the 23 projects selected, Eiffage Immobilier won the site of the former school of architecture in Nanterre for its “Open Source” project. The site will be renovated and will host the Leonardo da Vinci campus.
On this plot of 10,600 m2 currently occupied by the school of architecture of Nanterre disused since 2003, Eiffage Immobilier and Groupe Léonard de Vinci suggest to capitalize on the history of the place and the ambitions of its architect Jacques Kalisz.
The "Open Source" project comprises two strategic actions:
- A reopening of the site on its environment, with a principle of architectural continuity between interior and exterior.
- Renovation of the former Leonardo da Vinci campus architecture school.
Designed by IT’S – Francesco Marinelli, this renovated building can evolve according to its metabolism and adapt to changes. It will be completed by 3 new sets designed in line with the principles of flexibility and scalability implemented by the architect Jacques Kalisz:
- Free trays that can be configured over time,
- A system of front passageways that allows a high porosity of the classes towards the outside,
- A vertical weave of wooden sunshades that thermally protects the building and better diffuses light.