The ceremony of the first stone of the new regional warehouse of Lidl took place on March 2nd in the presence of M. Yohann Guyard, co-managing partner of Lidl France, M. Ludovic Devos, regional manager Bordeaux of Lidl, M. Christian Birbaud, director of Eiffage Construction Sud-Ouest, M. Pierre Ducout, mayor of Cestas et president of the community of communes Jalle Eau Bourde et M. Bernard Magrez, owner of prestigious vineyards, founder of the group Bernard Magrez and the cultural institute Bernard Magrez.
The construction of this new logistic platform Lidl, at the level of 58 million euros, was altogether entrusted to the teams of Eiffage Construction.
This warehouse will serve as central point for the supply of the products of 72 stores Lidl in the departments of Gironde, Landes, Lot-et-Garonne and Pyrénées Atlantiques.
Built on a total surface of 52 000 m², so more of twice the size of the current warehouse, it is in total more than 200 employees who will work in this warehouse, among which about forty job creations.
Endowed with last technologies and concepts, this new project becomes integrated perfectly into its natural environment with numerous devices of sustainable development:
- recycling of rainwaters for watering,
- natural lighting with passage in LED to favor energy savings,
- Optimized recycling devices of waste,
- technical management of the building for the management of the energy,
- recovery of the heat released by machines to warm plenary sessions and to warm the ground of the warehouse.
This new regional warehouse will open in March, 2019