« Export of sustainable city, based on the French approach: presentation of the 3D-demonstrator Astainable®»
The winner of the call for projects issued by the French Ministry of Foreign Trade and the Treasury Department (DGT) in 2014, the consortium of Eiffage, Egis and Engie presented on Monday, October 19, the urban design digital tool "Astainable®" aimed at the export of the French knowhow in sustainable city development under the Vivapolis brand.
Based on the 3D-model of the city of Astana, the capital of Kazakhstan, Astainable® digital tool displays a wide range of the French solutions adapted to the needs of the city and contributing to reducing the ecological footprint while considering all the peculiarities of the local territory. Astainable® incorporates 350 French technical, industrial or engineering solutions in the areas, such as ecological transport, energy, smart city, responsible water and waste management and sustainable construction.
The pressure on sustainable city can be explained by three urgent needs:
- environmental, as a consequence of global rapid urbanization with an additional 2.5 billion citizen dwellers by 2050 ;
- social, derived from the urban migration triggered by the economic growth;
- economic, which requires to build faster and cheaper.
A few weeks prior to the COP 21, Pierre Berger, CEO of Eiffage, Nicolas Jachiet, CEO of Egis and Gérard Mestrallet, CEO of Engie presented Astainable® on October 19, 2015 at the Maison de la Chimie in Paris.
This event served as an opportunity to:
- expose the advantages of the innovative digital sustainable city demonstrator,
- explain the principles of " the French vision of sustainable city”,
- listen to the Astainable® Industrial Club member companies and clusters,
- distribute USB keys with Astainable® application to all participants.
On this occasion, the tool was distributed to the various institutional and economic agents to present the French know-how in sustainable city development.